NOTICE OF BOARD OF REVIEW MEETING AND AGENDA
MAY 19, 2020 10:00 A.M.
- Call the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
- Roll call.
- Confirmation of appropriate BOR & Open Meeting notices.
- Select a chairperson for BOR.
- Select a vice-chairperson for BOR.
- Verify at least one member met the mandatory training requirements under state law (sec. 70.46 (4), Wis. Stats.)
- Verify the municipality or county has an ordinance for the confidentiality of income and expense information provided to the assessor under state law (sec. 70.47(7)(af ), Wis. Stats.)
- Review of new laws.
- Acknowledge policy regarding the procedure for sworn telephone testimony and sworn written testimony.
- Adoption of policy regarding the procedure for waiver of BOR hearing requests.
- Filing & summary of annual Assessment Report by Assessors office.
- Receipt of the Assessment Roll by clerk from the Assessor.
- Receive the assessment roll and sworn statements from the clerk.
- Receive the Assessment Roll and perform statutory duties:
- Examine the roll.
- Correct description or calculation errors.
- Add omitted property, and
- eliminate double assessed property.
- Discussion/Action – Certify all corrections of error under state law (sec. 70.43, Wis. Stats.)
- Discussion/Action – Verify with the assessor that open book changes are included in the assessment roll.
- Allow taxpayers to examine assessment data.
- During the first two hours, consideration of:
• Waivers of the required 48-hour notice of intent to file an objection when there is good cause.
• Requests for waiver of the BOR hearing allowing the property owner an appeal directly to circuit court.
• Requests to testify by telephone or submit sworn written statement.
●Subpoena requests, and
● Act on any other legally allowed/required Board of Review matters.
- Review Notice of Intent to File Objection.
- Proceed to hear written objections, if any and if proper notice/waivers given unless scheduled for another date.
- Consider/act on scheduling additional BOR Date(s).
- Adjourn at some-time later than 12:00 p.m. (or to future date if necessary) and after all tasks have been completed.
Dawn R. Swenson, Village Clerk
Posted on May 18, 2020
SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE
Village of Rib Lake
655 Pearl Street
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- Call the meeting to order.
- Roll Call
- Confirmation of meeting posting/publication.
- Public Hearing
- Identification of total potential funds
- Eligible CDBG activities
- Presentation of identified community development needs
- Identification of any community development needs by public
- Presentation of activities proposed for CDBG application, including potential residential displacement.
6. Citizen input regarding proposed and other CDBG activities.
5. Adjourn Public Hearing
6. Consider and act on a Contract with MSA to Submit a CDBG Application for the Village
7. Consider and act on a Resolution to Adopt a Citizen Participation Plan
8. Consider and act on a Resolution Authorizing Resolution to Submit CDBG Application.
9. Consider and act on a Resolution Authorizing to Commit other Funds.
10. Consider and act on a Resolution – Policy to Prohibit Excessive Force.
11. Consider and act to Adopt a Residential Anti-Displacement and Relocation Assistance Plan.
12. Consider and act on a Resolution to Repeal and Replace the Fair Housing Ordinance and the Ordinance.
13. Consider and act to Adopt a Village Procurement Policy.
14. Adjourn Special Meeting
Clerk – Dawn Swenson
The meeting room is handicapped accessible.
Persons needing additional accommodations should contact Dawn Swenson, Village Clerk, at telephone number (715) 427-5404 or email: email@example.com.